I have recently successfully completed Cycling UK’s Cycle Tour Leader course which qualifies me to lead cycle tours in the UK and overseas.
This qualification shows I have been trained and assessed in the following aspects of cycle tour leading :
- prepare for tours and rides;
- understand equipment requirements and check its suitability;
- pre-ride routes and follow previously prepared route information;
- ensure participants’ riding abilities and help them develop;
- manage groups;
- perform roadside maintenance and repairs;
- deal with riders’ needs for food, drink and rest;
- deal with emergencies;
- reduce our environmental impacts.
In addition I hold an outdoor first aid certificate.
I already work on a freelance basis for a couple of cycle tour companies. Last year I undertook work in the UK and Italy. I have availability for 2019 (and beyond) so please contact me to discuss your company’s needs.